Compiling CEGUI for ogrerender

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

GenMustang
Just popping in
Just popping in

Compiling CEGUI for ogrerender

Postby GenMustang » Sat Aug 04, 2012 19:52

Hello all,
I am using VS 2008 the file paths to my ogre files is C:\Ogre\OgreSDK_vc9_v1-8-0. I am having problems when compiling the CEGUIogrerenderer project after going through the wiki page suggestion of editing the config.lua the following is the edit I put in:

OGRE_PATHS = {"C:/Ogre/OgreSDK_vc9_v1-8-0", "include", "lib"}
OIS_PATHS = { "C:/Ogre/OgreSDK_vc9_v1-8-0", "include/OIS", "lib"}
-- CEGUI_EXTRA_PATHS = {
-- { " C:/Ogre/OgreSDK_vc9_v1-8-0/boost", "", "lib", "CEGUIOgreRenderer" },
-- { " C:/Ogre/OgreSDK_vc9_v1-8-0/boost", "", "lib", "CEGUIOgreRenderer" }
-- }

I have set all the renderers except ogre to false.

After doing this i have run the batch file and got the .sln file to run which i have. I then try to compile the above project and get the errors listed below:
2>c:\ogre\ogresdk_vc9_v1-8-0\include\ogre\threading\ogrethreadheadersboost.h(29) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/thread/tss.hpp': No such file or directory
2>CEGUIOgreRenderTarget.cpp
2>c:\ogre\ogresdk_vc9_v1-8-0\include\ogre\threading\ogrethreadheadersboost.h(29) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/thread/tss.hpp': No such file or directory
2>CEGUIOgreResourceProvider.cpp
2>CEGUIOgreTexture.cpp
2>CEGUIOgreTextureTarget.cpp
2>CEGUIOgreWindowTarget.cpp
2>CEGUIOgreGeometryBuffer.cpp

I have tried including the file that this .hpp resides in which is 2>c:\ogre\ogresdk_vc9_v1-8-0\boost/boost/thread. I know its probably something small I missing If anyone could help that would be great.

Thank you in advance.
Ian

N_K
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Compiling CEGUI for ogrerender

Postby N_K » Sun Aug 05, 2012 03:06

Although I'm no expert at all, but it seems that it's not CEGUI, but Ogre complaining about the lack of those headers. Did you set up the Boost environment variables (BOOST_ROOT, BOOST_INCLUDEDIR, BOOST_LIBRARYDIR) as described on the Ogre wiki?

MorbidAngel
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby MorbidAngel » Sun Aug 05, 2012 19:04

Add c:\ogre\ogresdk_vc9_v1-8-0\boost to your global include path. Then

#include <boost/thread/tss.hpp>

GenMustang
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby GenMustang » Sun Aug 05, 2012 20:29

Thank you very much for all the help everyone. The include in the main include directories worked. That must be the only place I didnt put that file path.

MorbidAngel
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby MorbidAngel » Sun Aug 05, 2012 22:34

It's always the last place you look ;)

Return to “Help”