Built-in drag-select?

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

arbitraryValue
Just popping in
Just popping in

Built-in drag-select?

Postby arbitraryValue » Mon Apr 16, 2012 19:47

Is there support for drag selection (i.e. the way one can select multiple icons in Windows Explorer by moving the mouse while holding down the left mouse button) built in to CEGUI? I didn't find any documentation of such a feature, but maybe I am using the wrong search terms.

Edit: I should clarify that I am not looking for CEGUI to interact with my data and tell me which items were drag-selected. I'm only looking for the visual effect of drag-selecting.

Edit #2: I'm implementing the effect manually, and I've run into some trouble with transparency. If I have a parent window with child windows attached to it, how do I make it so the effective transparency at every pixel in the parent window is the same, regardless of how deep the stack of child windows at that pixel might be?

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Built-in drag-select?

Postby Kulik » Mon Apr 16, 2012 20:37

AFAIK there is no facility in CEGUI doing drag multi select.

For the consistent transparency issue, there is something like InheritAlpha I think.

arbitraryValue
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby arbitraryValue » Mon Apr 16, 2012 20:49

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but with InheritAlpha I get each additional layer of child windows gradually reducing the overall transparency, the way multiple stacked semi-transparent images would. What I would like is the effect I would see if the parent window and its children (and their children, and so forth) were all rendered to a texture with no transparency, and that texture was then drawn to the screen with an alpha value designated by me.

ShadowTiger
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby ShadowTiger » Thu Apr 19, 2012 02:56

Well my assumption (which might be wrong) is that if you are using interitalpha you should only set the alpha once, for the parent window, and have the rest be the default of 100% opaque.

Is that what you tried?

Also, when I drag select files in windows explorer, it does get darker when 2 overlapping transparencies occur (the items selected have a transparent outline, and the box also is transparent).

So what model are you using for how it is supposed to look?

Return to “Help”