How to modify the text size in staticText

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

silentyears
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

How to modify the text size in staticText

Postby silentyears » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:27

eh, as subject, when i just want to modify only one window (looknfeel: staticText) text, i first think of finding the property to do it ,but i can only find property "TextColours" to modify the text colour, is there property to modify the text size?
I find this code

Code: Select all

CEGUI::Font* f = wnd->getFont(); f->setProperty("PointSize", "6");
in samples, so i copy to try, but i find not only one window but also all windows text size become to the new size 6. why?
By the way, why i search "PointSize" in .doc and nothing happen, whether the doc don't include all property? so how to find property which i may need? Here, if i don't find the code in samples, then i don't know "PointSize" at all.

thanks!!!

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: How to modify the text size in staticText

Postby Kulik » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:05

Hi,
fonts have fixed size assigned to them that can't be changed. If you want to use multiple sizes of one font you have to define it as different fonts. We even do this in our samples, please refer to them for further info.

silentyears
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: How to modify the text size in staticText

Postby silentyears » Thu Oct 24, 2013 16:31

Kulik wrote:Hi,
fonts have fixed size assigned to them that can't be changed. If you want to use multiple sizes of one font you have to define it as different fonts. We even do this in our samples, please refer to them for further info.

Thanks !!!

Return to “Help”