[Solved] cmake build errors please help

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Nickenstein79
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: cmake build errors please help

Postby Nickenstein79 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 19:32

Very strange.

I can only think that it might be because you are sticking these inside each other and it is confusing the hell out of cmake. (From what you have just said it sounds like you have code to build the dependencies also inside your CEGUI source folder.)

The way I always do it, is to have:

CEGUI_Dependencie_Source <- The repository
CEGUI_Dependencie_Build <- The folder that cmake puts the dependencies solution into)

Run VisualStudio, and build the dependencies.
After the dependencies are built, copy the dependencies folder into your CEGUI_Source folder.

CEGUI_Source <- The repository (copy the dependency folder into here before running cmake for CEGUI)
CEGUI_Build <- The folder that cmake puts the CEGUI.sln into.)

Try it this way, without putting any of these source and destination folders inside of each other. (IE, have four distinct folders. Two for the repos, two for the build destinations.)

JohnBoyMan
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby JohnBoyMan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 19:51

oh i built the dependencies in release mode now, i was doing it in debug, thanks for the help guys.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Thu Jul 03, 2014 20:10

You have to build it in both debug and release. you will have a dependencies folder created after building. This one newly created folder called "dependencies" is the one you use for CEGUI.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Help”